The holidays are right around the corner and the air is crisp, fresh and dry. While the cooler temperatures and reduced humidity levels are welcome to many, your skin and hair may suffer without some routine maintenance.
By simply browsing your local or online drugstore you’ll find plenty of skin care products designed to protect and moisturize your skin. You might also find some helpful ingredients in your own kitchen cupboard. Take a look at some of the most popular ones:
1) Tea tree oil is absorbed quickly into the skin and contains both anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
2) If you’re looking for an all-natural teeth whitener, deodorant or body powder, baking soda comes in handy. Another little-know use involves mixing the soda with water and using to remove buildup from styling products used on your hair… a great alternative to harsh clarifying shampoos that tend to dry out hair.
3) An unlikely treatment, maple syrup can be used on the face as a mask or on hair as a conditioner. Look for pure syrup and get ready to experience fabulous moisturizing results.
One of the most important things you can do this and every winter is to take appropriate steps to protect your hair and skin from the elements. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1) Hands need special attention because they have thinner skin than the rest of your body. Take care to use quality hand lotions or creams each time you wash your hands. Maklon Kosmetik Also wear gloves when exposed to cold weather or harsh chemicals.
2) Don’t forget to take care of your entire body just because it’s winter-time and you’re covered from head to toe in sweaters and other cold-weather clothing. Exfoliate and moisturize as if every day were shorts and t-shirt weather. You’ll look great when those days are here again!
3) Wear sunscreen always… even in the winter. If you’re outside, you need it. Period.
4) Protect your hair and cut down on static with a rich conditioning product. The type you use may need to change for a few months out of the year.
5) Use a lip conditioning product to keep lips from chapping or cracking. Not only is it painful but also not the most attractive.
Most of all, enjoy the changing seasons and look for ways to modify your skin care routine and get the best look possible year-round. With just a few changes, you can have great-looking skin and hair all year long!